PDA

View Full Version : Booting?

Spam
12-16-2003, 08:07 PM
Hi there I have just finished burning V3.3-2003-11-19-EN.iso and when I go to boot it comes to a blue screen saying boot:

I then hit enter and all that happens then is I get tux in the top left hand coner and a flashing cursor?

Any help will be grealty apprecated.

Thanks alot

nachral
12-17-2003, 05:00 AM
i am just a newb, and just booted for the first time tonight, but when that screen came up it took longer than i expected (i began to get nervous) if your machine is slow maybe try giving it a couple of minutes...by no means am i offering this with any claim of tech. knowledge, just noticed that earlier and thought there might be a small chance this is the case

fires_69
12-17-2003, 05:45 AM
instead of just hitting enter, type failsafe at the command. If it works, then you know it is having troubles with some of you hardware. you can then use the no {usb, firewire etc....} command to try find the problem. just a suggestion

Stephen
12-17-2003, 05:45 AM
Hi there I have just finished burning V3.3-2003-11-19-EN.iso and when I go to boot it comes to a blue screen saying boot:

I then hit enter and all that happens then is I get tux in the top left hand coner and a flashing cursor?

Any help will be grealty apprecated.

Thanks alot

Some information on what hardware you have in the machine would be nice. A couple of things to try in the mean time at the boot: prompt type in knoppix testcd to make sure you do not have a bad CD and just failsafe to boot with almost no hardware detection some other cheat codes (http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCode) you may want to have a look at and try.