PDA

View Full Version : Problem with audio

Rat attack
12-19-2003, 12:26 PM
My knoppix 3.1 don't want to see my audio card (it's a sys) what could I do? :?:
PS I had a Asus L3 series

rickenbacherus
12-19-2003, 05:30 PM
A few questions:

1) Why are you using Knoppix 3.1? 3.3 is the latest.
2)What kind of card do you have? I don't recognize a (sys).
3)Have you tried sndconfig

johngrinham
12-23-2003, 07:50 AM
A few questions:

I've got 3.2 from a magazine cd. How do I get 3.3????

champagnemojo
12-23-2003, 08:10 AM
A few questions:

I've got 3.2 from a magazine cd. How do I get 3.3????

d/l the iso and burn it...see the "Get Knoppix" link above.

Cuddles
12-23-2003, 02:45 PM
champagnemojo,

I realize that v3.2 is old, and that currently 3.3 is the newest.

So, here comes the questions:
1) If I was intending on HD Installing Knoppix, does the version I have really matter? Won't, during the updating phase, bring me current?
2) I am sorry to say, I have only a 56k dial-up connection, and the ISP has a monopoly here in my "little hick town", so no other connections are available, and it isn't even that stable to run a 700Meg d/l without a hick-up.
3) Due to excessive Christmas spending, even something as small as 5 USD, is hard to come by at the moment.

Heck, if I could get a decent d/l capacity; T1, DSL, etc... I'd go to Debian's site and d/l the "woody" ISO's and burn them myself. But, alas, I am in a poor town with only WebTV people, and they don't seem to mind the fact that the local ISP can't stay up for more than 10 minutes without locking up. :(

Thanks for any input,
Cuddles

agency
01-17-2004, 11:36 AM
Check on ebay for IsoNow or something like that, I bought mandrake 9.2 and knoppix for like $7. Their located in Madison. If money is still an issue get a download manager like Reget. I used it to resume 9 different times on dial-up for another live linux distro, Phlak, which was around 470mb and the iso burned fine.