PDA

View Full Version : Detecting netcard under Knoppix 3.3

acidcho
12-20-2003, 12:34 PM
Hello. I 've get a big trouble with using the netcardconfig under Knoppix 3.3. The problem is:
I was run the command netcartconfig under the root console, setting up the existing settings, and after installation, a have getting the message: unreacheble network interface(?!).
I look in my /etc/samba/smb.conf file for any problems, but there all lines was correct, the information was entered successfuly and true.
If anyone of you is meets the same problem within its configuration of network under Knoppix, lets reply to me.
Thank you

rickenbacherus
12-23-2003, 01:28 AM
Hello. I 've get a big trouble with using the netcardconfig under Knoppix 3.3. The problem is:
I was run the command netcartconfig under the root console, setting up the existing settings, and after installation, a have getting the message: unreacheble network interface(?!).
I look in my /etc/samba/smb.conf file for any problems, but there all lines was correct, the information was entered successfuly and true.
If anyone of you is meets the same problem within its configuration of network under Knoppix, lets reply to me.
Thank you

Not sure I follow you. Just so we're clear on this smb.conf has nothing to do with networking except that it is for browsing/mounting windows shares. Networking itself must function before samba will. What kind of NIC do you have?