PDA

View Full Version : Is my KNOPPIX CD correct?

alex+
12-20-2003, 08:52 PM
I'd appreciate it if someone could verify what is on my KNOPPIX 3.3-2003-11-19 boot CD.

3 Directories
DEMOS 3.02 MB (1 directory + 3 files)
Knoppix 694 MB. (1 directory + 43 files)
Talks 2.54 MB ( 0 directories + 4 files)

4 Files
autorun,bat 54 KB
autorun.inf 45 KB
cdrom.iso 3.18 KB
index~18.htm 2.68 KB

I'm having a problem with doing a satisfactory HD installation of KNOPPIX 3.3-2003-11-19 and I suspect its because of the
boot CD. I'm new to my burner and Nero so I may have done something wrong.

If something is wrong with my listing, could someone show me what it should be?

The original downloaded disk's MD5 checks OK. Is there a way to check the MD5 for the individual directories and files?

andymadigan
12-20-2003, 09:54 PM
What is the problem with the HD install. I have had problems with installing to Hard Drive, I seems that the Hard Drive install is different from the Live CD, some hardware could cause problems even if it works with the Live CD. P.S. I checked the sizes, everything seems fine.

Afew things that might indicate a problem: (Put the CD in a Windows machine)
-The .ico file does not appear correctly (file is in D:\)
-Autorun does not work and/or the batch files do not run properly (alos in D:\)

baldyeti
12-21-2003, 12:45 AM
The original downloaded disk's MD5 checks OK. Is there a way to check the MD5 for the individual directories and files?Type "knoppix testcd" at the boot prompt; the CD integrity will then be checked.

alex+
12-26-2003, 06:14 PM
I managed to get a copy of the files that are supposed to be on the image CD and compared them to those on my CD and and as I suspected, mine are incorrect. (missing files) I made another CD using a different burner program and it works.

Thanks all.