PDA

View Full Version : deb-System messed up?

keboerg
12-21-2003, 04:07 PM

kzoli
12-21-2003, 05:31 PM
I don't think that it's messed up.

You installed a package, which has newer dependencies than the packages on your disk. You should say yes, and then apt will upgrade all the packages which are prerequisite to your new package...

Best wishes, Zoli

keboerg
12-21-2003, 05:48 PM

zz9pluralzalpha
12-21-2003, 07:26 PM
Do NOT remove those packages. That will break KDE. Assuming you are installing from the unstable branch...

apt-get -t unstable install libqt3-mt

...which it appears you aren't. Oh, well that might solve it :). If not, I've been speaking to someone who can't get libqt3-mt-dev to install so it may be the same problem.

See http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6818

baldyeti
12-21-2003, 07:29 PM
One has to be careful when using apt from an hd-installed knoppix. Knoppix offers us very recent software by mixing packages from the testing and unstable debian pools. So conflicts are more frequent than for a debian system belonging to just one branch. You should take the time to learn (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2638) a little about the debian package system.

At the very least, *always* first try apt-get with the -s flag, just to see what it would do (remove,upgrade....)
For your problem, you might also try either '-t testing' or '-t unstable' and see if that helps. A plain 'apt-get -f install' might fix inconsistencies, too.

Also, you'd have a better chance of being undertood by the non-German speaking crowd by setting your LANG environment variable to C, so the output of your commands appears in english.

Hope this helps,

--bald

keboerg
12-21-2003, 11:11 PM

baldyeti
12-22-2003, 10:02 PM
I have never done anything that drastic myself! But it should work, especially since by moving to unstable, you should be upgrading everything to newer versions. OTH, you might try re-installing (from unstable indeed) just the very list of packages you've shown us...