PDA

View Full Version : this is so sweeeetttt

jonnybravo
12-22-2003, 10:52 AM
This is incredible.... I popped the cd in and the whole thing booted with out a hitch..online no problem either...The Graphics are sweet... The interface is awesome....
I'm gonna have fun exploring this.....

What do I have to do to install it to HD... I got Partition Magic 8, on an XP machine...
I read something about linux not liking NTFS... please let me know TIA

Jonny Bravo....Soon To Be converted... :lol:

rickenbacherus
12-22-2003, 04:19 PM
RIght on- glad it worked for you. Congratulations, you just asked three of our most popular questions! Check out the search function and the Docs section both found at the top of the page. ;)

Cuddles
12-22-2003, 04:55 PM
Fantastic JonnyBravo :D

Another satisfied customer. Considering how many "converts" are coming over, I think Knoppix should be considered the "maiden ship" of the Linux Class. I just get even more fired up when I read these kinds of posts. Walked up, popped the disc in, and was already running, perfectly, first time.

I am not sure where I got this link, or if it is included in the ones that rickenbacherus pointed you to, but here goes. This one I hard copyed and have next to my monitor. I'm going to use it when I get my new system, which is going to get Linux freshly installed, w/o any M$ touching the drive.

http://www.freenet.org.nz/misc/knoppix-install.html

Hope this helps, and have fun :D
Cuddles