PDA

View Full Version : hibernateing on desktop

zeroxeal
12-22-2003, 09:09 PM
i have knoppix bootig from cd on my freebsd comp at times, and after about 20 minutes of inactivity, it shuts the screen, ethernet, and the like down and sort of hibernates. i cant seem to find any way of ridding this, any ideas?

Markus
12-22-2003, 09:17 PM
Have you got some sort of power management on in BIOS?

Just a guess though.

Cuddles
12-22-2003, 09:26 PM
First thought zeroxeal is what Markus suggests, look in your BIOS. Considering you are running off the Live CD, what I was going to suggest won't work -=- well, actually, it will work, it just won't be static between shutdowns and reboots.

Look in your BIOS for any Power Management options - I think you might find them enabled, and possibly set to your 20 minute timer.

What I was thinking, if you either had Knoppix installed on your hard drive, or even having a persistant Knoppix Config on your hard drive, was checking with Knoppix's setting on its own Power Management being enabled. Mine reports that I have no Power Management options to enable, since I disabled PM in my BIOS.

Cuddles

rickenbacherus
12-22-2003, 10:11 PM
You could try booting with the noapm option.

zeroxeal
12-23-2003, 08:15 PM
yup it was a setting in the bios, no os thats ever been installed on this computer before has ever actually looked back into the bios. but alas it works now :) ty