PDA

View Full Version : Fuzzy vertical lines

DoubleHelix
12-23-2003, 03:13 AM
Ok I have a integrated Video card from intel I also have a LCD screen, I set everything up from expert mode because it doesnt boot right and gives me the no suitable x-server found for your card if i dont. So I get the Knoppix GUI to be full screen instead of 640 resolution. So ok everything boots up after expert mode and goes into Knoppix KDE GUI, but theres these fuzzy green/red/white lines across the screen vertically. I dont know what to do ive tried shit loads of combinations of the settings in expert mode. Im stumped as to how i can get rid of these lines. I can however make it boot in expert mode at a smaller resloution without the lines but theres nowhere in KDE to set my reslotuion from 640 to 1024, so that idea is out of the picture.

DoubleHelix
12-23-2003, 08:25 AM
Yes As I suspected no one even tried to lift a finger to help me in the slightest so heres how I fixed it for anyone thats having the problem, I set the Vertical Hz to 50 - 150 and set the bit value of the screen to 16 bits rather than my max of 24 bits. there solved, no thanks to any of you people that claim to be good at anything.

garubi
12-23-2003, 10:10 AM
Hey,
Have you solved your problems, isn't it?
There are 5 hours between your posts... This is only a forum, not a technical assistance you pay for...
I read your first post, but as I'm new to Linux, I didn't know any answer...
Knoppix is brought to you for free... without any guarantee...

BTW, thanks for posting your own solution: this is the right way to help anyone out there.

Merry Cristmas!!

Stefano

DoubleHelix
12-23-2003, 12:26 PM
by the way im guessing it was the refresh rate that was too low, and perhaps it had to be faster so the colors must be lower in order to refresh faster. Only a theory because IM on my gateway profile 3, its notorious for being a piece of shit full of riddles.