PDA

View Full Version : Default SMB username/password

Atoz
01-04-2004, 03:52 PM
Even though I enter all the needed info in Control Center - Local Network Browsing, Konqueror keeps asking me for username and password for every smb:// address I type. There's also no option to cache these as far as I can tell, which leads to complete hell when I forget to turn off the option to display thumbnails for all the image files :evil:
This, combined with LinNeighborhood brokenness, is a pretty big problem for me since now there is now no easy way for me to pop in the Knoppix CD and access windows network shares right away. I know I can just use a Bash Konsole to smbmount shares instead (which is what I've been doing), but frankly that just sucks.
Does anyone have any ideas to make this work? Or maybe another way to easily browse the network?

Atoz
01-14-2004, 08:41 AM
In case anyone else encounters this problem, I managed to make LinNeighborhood work by reinstalling it in KPackage. Not a problem for me, since I've hdinstalled Knoppix now, but it would still be a problem for CD-users. I guess this is something that will be/has been fixed in newer versions?