PDA

View Full Version : Problem using USB memory stick

hgpuke
01-05-2004, 07:38 PM
Hi! I am trying out Knoppix 3.3 and would like to save my configuration and home-directory to a USB memory stick (JetFlash). This works well on my office computer (ca 2 years old HP 8000 laptop) but not at all on my brand new Compaq Presario 8000 desktop (which has no less than 6 USB2 ports, I am trying the front ones). Knoppix does not seem to be able to find the USB memory. This is surprising since it has no problem finding the USB connected Wireless keyboard and mouse. Can anyone offer some help?

Hans-Goran Puke, Sweden

AerosSaga
01-07-2004, 05:34 PM
I have a presario with the front slots as well. Mine is only USB 1.1 so that might be the difference. Recognizes my sony micro valult just fine, booting flonix off of it now :D

Regards,

Aeros

aay
01-07-2004, 10:42 PM
Hi! I am trying out Knoppix 3.3 and would like to save my configuration and home-directory to a USB memory stick (JetFlash). This works well on my office computer (ca 2 years old HP 8000 laptop) but not at all on my brand new Compaq Presario 8000 desktop (which has no less than 6 USB2 ports, I am trying the front ones). Knoppix does not seem to be able to find the USB memory. This is surprising since it has no problem finding the USB connected Wireless keyboard and mouse. Can anyone offer some help?

Hans-Goran Puke, Sweden

After you have your memory plugged in, please paste in the results you get from issuing the following command.

cdrecord --scanbus

It would also be helpful if you posted the contents of /etc/fstab

Adam