PDA

View Full Version : Filesystem troubles

PyroBoy101
01-06-2004, 07:14 PM
Hey everyone, this is my first post here! :)

I'm semi experienced with linux and have been messing around with knoppix lately and since I've been home sick lately I've decieded I am going to try to do a install to my "linux beast"

The computer that I am trying to install on is a P166MMX, 128 MB RAM, 4.3 GB HD.

I was able to get the HD partitions set up how I wanted but when I go to choose a filesystem I pick what I want (anything but EXT2), it sets it up correctly and then gives me the little message that its about to copy stuff over. I tell it to continue and then it says that it can't mount the drive because ext3, ReiserFS, or XFS (what ever I chose on that attempt) is not supported by my kernel.

While loading initially I boot into level 2. On the screen it complains about a bunch of things, one of them about 2.4.22-xfs not found. And then theres some openMOSIX complaining that goes on about the computer asking if its an open mosix kernel or not.

I am using clusterKNOPPIX, so it is slightly different but I couldn't find a board for that specifically so I was hoping someone here could be of some help.

Thanks in advance

EmDee
01-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Try "insmod ext3" from a root console prior to installing although I think that filesystems should've been statically compiled into the kernel..