PDA

View Full Version : problem to add new shared libraries!

skontox
01-06-2004, 07:26 PM
Hello!
I have programmed a tool under Suse Linux 8.2 and I want to try it running under Knoppix 3.3, but there was a Problem with shared libraries, which could not be found. That is OK. But I was not able to install them to Knoppix.

Now my Question, how can I install new libraries to Knoppix?

the main problem is that everything important (I mean the libraries-direcories or the /etc/ld.so.conf-file) comes from the Knoppix-CD and that is why I can't modify this.

Please, I need help!

Greetings skontox

arkaine23
01-06-2004, 08:18 PM
You'll have to install knoppix to a hard drive or remaster the CD in order to add content. It's also possible to temporarily install some things to the ramdisk by writing a script to download and compile the source and direct it to install into the ramdisk.

skontox
01-06-2004, 08:43 PM
Thank you for your answer!
But I think thats to hard for me. :-)
Maybe you can tell me how I add a new library-directory into the file /etc/ld.so.conf?
I know that this file is on CD but maybe there exist a easy solution doing this.

Greetings skontox

Stephen
01-06-2004, 10:50 PM
Thank you for your answer!
But I think thats to hard for me. :-)
Maybe you can tell me how I add a new library-directory into the file /etc/ld.so.conf?
I know that this file is on CD but maybe there exist a easy solution doing this.

Greetings skontox

Don't know if it will work but you can try making a directory in the ramdrive and copying the libraries that you need there and then edit the /etc/ld.so.conf (sudo vi /etc/ld.so.conf) and the path to the libraries and then sudo /sbin/ldconfig and see if it will pick up the new libraries.

skontox
01-07-2004, 02:20 PM
Thanks for yor answer.

But it does not help. The problem is that the file: /etc/ld.so.conf is directly connected to the Knoppix-CD. That means that I'm not able to modify this file. I'm only allowed to read, whether I'm a normal user or super user! Thats very bad! ;-(

I tried also to set the Variable: LD_LIBRARY_PATH with a new directory like "/ramdisk/lib"
and copy there my libraries in, but it does not work either!

Greetings skontox