PDA

View Full Version : cross-platform email ?

T-Dob
01-08-2004, 12:37 AM
Let's say that I use Knoppix with a USB drive as my persistent home directory and also as a DATA storage for my files and particularly EMAILS.

What EMAIL FORMAT do you suggest to use, what cross-platform EMAIL CLIENT do you suggest to use in order to easily access them from Knoppix but also from other Linux distributions and Windows ?

Thanks!

aay
01-08-2004, 02:00 AM
Let's say that I use Knoppix with a USB drive as my persistent home directory and also as a DATA storage for my files and particularly EMAILS.

What EMAIL FORMAT do you suggest to use, what cross-platform EMAIL CLIENT do you suggest to use in order to easily access them from Knoppix but also from other Linux distributions and Windows ?

Thanks!

Hmm. I would use Mozilla Mail. Mozilla is on Windows and Linux. It's a great mail program. Perhaps you should also consider using IMAP. I am able to go from computer to computer using IMAP and I have access to all my email. You can also configure Mozilla Mail to keep local copies of your email on your computer in addition to accessing them via the server with IMAP.

Adam

mcaycedo
01-08-2004, 05:01 AM
Use mozilla or thunderbird (a branch from mozilla, focused on email).

They use an format (I don't remeber the name). The beatifulness of this format is that it save the email in a plain file!!. I haven't tested but I'm almost sure that you would be able to read your emails using mozilla (thunderbird) for windows or for Linux