PDA

View Full Version : Booting without user interaction

edfinegan
01-08-2004, 07:40 PM
Is it possible to make a remaster knoppix boot with out asking the user any boot prams? Also when it boots after the boot prams it says something like invaild video scan, press space to contionue or select one of the modes (currently not setting in front of it so thats just from what i remember it saying). Basicly in the end i want to put the CD in and have the system power on and go right to a desktop.

Thanks
Ed

rickenbacherus
01-08-2004, 08:36 PM
Is it possible to make a remaster knoppix boot with out asking the user any boot prams? Also when it boots after the boot prams it says something like invaild video scan, press space to contionue or select one of the modes (currently not setting in front of it so thats just from what i remember it saying). Basicly in the end i want to put the CD in and have the system power on and go right to a desktop.

Thanks
Ed

Knoppix does boot by itself. You're getting the 'invalid video' message because Knoppix doesn't like your hardware. It doesn't occur on most machines.

edfinegan
01-08-2004, 09:05 PM
What about the initial knoppix boot screen, The one where you can enter things like :

knoppix lang=us

Is there a way to skip this and have it preset??

baldyeti
01-08-2004, 10:36 PM
Search this site (or google) for knoppix-customize, a utility which allows you to modify the default boot parameters in your ISO image before burning it, including the language code and syslinux timeout.

Stephen
01-08-2004, 11:39 PM
Search this site (or google) for knoppix-customize, a utility which allows you to modify the default boot parameters in your ISO image before burning it, including the language code and syslinux timeout.

http://hydra.hq.linuxtag.net/~kester/knoppix-customize/