PDA

View Full Version : dual screens

gyro
01-08-2004, 08:16 PM
ha anyone got dual screens to run under knx?its got me stumped but i'm sure it can be done.
that would make knx even kooler if possible :-)

Stephen
01-09-2004, 08:12 PM
ha anyone got dual screens to run under knx?its got me stumped but i'm sure it can be done.
that would make knx even kooler if possible :-)

Use knoppix 2 when you boot from the CD and when booted to the prompt cd /root and then X -configure use the command it tells you too to test the new file. Use the CTRL + ALT + BKSP keys to exit the xserver then if you want to test it with kde running copy the file created to /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and type in /etc/init.d/xsession start and you should get the dual monitor setup. If you want to use the file for every day use you will have to save it somewhere and make some changes for the optimal resolutions you would want.

tommydl
01-10-2004, 10:35 AM
So X-configure can setup dual monitor configs for you nowadays? I thought you had to do this by manually editing the XF86Config file.

Stephen
01-10-2004, 03:43 PM
So X-configure can setup dual monitor configs for you nowadays? I thought you had to do this by manually editing the XF86Config file.
You still have to edit the file the one you get is not perfection by any means you get a basic file that will let you start X with the dual display. Any you should have discover, discover-data and read-edid installed IIRC.

gyro
01-11-2004, 08:26 PM
thanks Stephen , i'm a bit slow ( might be old age catching up on me) :-)