PDA

View Full Version : Ataraid/pdcraid RAID with Knoppix 3.3 not aviable?

Ossi
01-09-2004, 12:56 AM
Hi, and thank's for reading my Problem! :D

I had Knoppiy 3.2 where everything works fine and wanted to update to 3.3. This fails because of my Promise-Controler. I followed up the development of 3.3 and I am testing version 11-14 for my purpose. I also tried the ataraid-plugin for Knoppix (on floppy wiht floppyconf) :wink: but it don't work because it seems not to deliver the kernel-modules which are missing in th 3.3 Version.

Can someone give me the Kernel-Modules ataraid and pdcraid for the actual kernel??
Or have someone a idear how to fix this?

Otherwise I have to stick back to 3.2 :cry:

big434
01-14-2004, 04:48 PM
hi,

i have kind of the same problem, but i never got knoppix installed on my raid system ! you said, before you tried to to knoppix 3.3 your knoppix 3.2 ran proberly on your raid system !?

i use promise onboard raid controller "lite" version, but never got knoppix running ! how did you manage to install knoppix on a raid system ?

mfg
david

Ossi
01-15-2004, 04:53 PM
Hello!

Yes, indeed I did! With Knoppix 3.2 everything works fine....
I have a Promise 20268R Model that means a Promise FastTrak100 TX PCI card but the pdcraid and ataraid driver should work also with promise onboard-chips.
I don't know if this knoppix version is aviable now. If you want I can send you a direct download link from my computer (with only 16kbps up).

big434
01-15-2004, 06:59 PM
is it possible , you can describe how you installed knoppix on your raid (short version maybe btw. are you german?) ?
'cause every time i try to install i can just choose between /dev/hdg and another (dont know the other dev exactly)

i already downloaded knoppix 3.3. I havent tried to install yet but hopefully tomorrow :)