PDA

View Full Version : xawtv doesn't saves settings for my tv tuner

cul971
01-13-2004, 12:02 PM
Hi, I am a beginner in Linux.

I performed a full hdd install of Knoppix 3.3.
My tv card is no. 96 and my tuner is no. 28 in setting program.
After each time I reboot, I have to set-up my tuner again, otherwise xawtv doesn't work.
I noticed that xawtv remembers the channels, so I don't have to scan again for the tv channels.

I took a look at modules.conf but is very different than the one I had
under Red Hat 9, and I am not sure what changes to do.

Please help me.

miguel01
01-13-2004, 12:20 PM
hi,

try this: cp the .xawtvrc- file in your $HOME (e. g. /home/knoppix/)

or: man 5 xawtvrc

cu

miguel

cul971
01-23-2004, 01:34 PM
Hi,
Sorry for the delayed answer, but I was away for home and for my computer for a while.
I started my computer in Linux, configured my tv tuner, and after that I searched for xawtvrc or .xawtvrc but I didn't find them.

laman
02-11-2004, 10:12 AM
Hi,

I've experienced the same problem. I can not find the xawtvrc file nowhere on HDD. Including /etc/X11. What can I do?
My problem: the full screen is showing a lot of "black screen" around the actual tv chanel. I want to edit this "xawtvrc" file to corect this thing ( if possible ).

Thank you

spurious
02-13-2004, 01:40 AM
Your xawtv configuration file is: ~/.xawtv. Edit this, and look for the line 'use-wm-fullscreen = yes'

Then do this:

Edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, scroll down until you find: Section "Module"

Then add this line: Load "v4l". This loads the video4linux X11 module.

If that doesn't work, your video card may also need the bttv module explicitly loaded at boot. For example, my ATI TV-Wonder VE requires the following line inserted into /etc/modutils/actions: options bttv card=64 tuner=2 (then run update-modules)

For other xawtv configuration options, run configure_xawtv, although I believe that the newer versions of Knoppix have a 'configure tv' option in the Knoppix menu (I still run Knoppix 3.2).

pepesz
03-13-2004, 04:42 PM
Hi cul971

Did you solved the problem with the card ??? Mine also does not remember settings after the reboot.
Thx for responce