PDA

View Full Version : KDE Icons won't delete.

FelixDzerzhinsky
01-13-2004, 12:41 PM
I keep deleting several icons each session and they reappear the next. Also kde scramble s the cicons on the desk top. Why?

Icons I want to get rid of are duplicate cdrom icons and Selflinux link.

todsr1
01-13-2004, 01:29 PM
If you're running from the CD it's not going to save any changes you make. Knoppix runs off RAM alone. If you're talking about a HD install (are you?) then that's another issue altogether...

FelixDzerzhinsky
01-13-2004, 01:53 PM
I am talking about the hard disk install.

Markus
01-13-2004, 07:08 PM
K-menu -> Settings -> Control Center -> Kde components -> Session Manager -> On Login -> Restore Manually Saved Session.

Then you can delete the icons and choose "Save Settings" under K-menu.

Don't know why, but I don't need to do it to save my KDE-settings. I just have Restore Session checked.

FelixDzerzhinsky
01-13-2004, 09:36 PM
Tried the above. I couldn't believe it but the offending icons still came back. In the case of the link to Selflinux. I even deleted the file it was linked to. It still came back.

Markus
01-13-2004, 10:03 PM
Weird!

If you don't need it, remove the selflinux package with:
apt-get remove --purge selflinux

Won't solve your other iconproblems though :(

You haven't by any chance copied over your .kde from another user so your current user doesn't have ownership?

arkaine23
01-13-2004, 10:57 PM
Self linux is scripted to appear in KDE's autostartup. You have to comment out several lines in the offending script to get rid of it. Search these forums and you will find the details. I beleive I stumbled on the answer in asomeone's remastering guide.

As for the cd-rom icons- you should be able to select what vareity of mediums and partitions will be displayed on the desktop, somewhere in the control center.