PDA

View Full Version : Can't acces dealer website with Mozilla - (jsp scriptprobl.)

ktheking
01-14-2004, 10:58 PM
When trying to acces the website of my computerdealer , I can't acces it with Mozilla or with Konqueror.
I suspect it's a problem with the jsp scripting.
Since I now became very fond of knoppix , I'd like to be able to do this as well.
Anybody know how to overcome this ?

PS....
I recently discovered that using knoppix is a very safe way to perform visa (and other card) transactions.
Since at each boot with knoppix livecd you start immeaditely from scratch (thus no spyware,keyloggers or other funny windoze stuff).
I think knoppix should be promoted (sponsored) by the VISA (or other cards) company ;-) ......

Greetzzzzzz...

fingers99
01-14-2004, 11:25 PM
It could be that either your dealer (when I first read your post I thought this was a dealer in illegal substances!) is using IE specific javascript or M$ java (in which case his web designer needs exterminating) or that the page expects IE. It's possible to get Konqueror (at least) to "spoof" by identifying itself as IE.

Of course, you should make sure that java and javascript are enabled.

But really, this is your dealer's problem: I'd be inclined to complain and place my orders elsewhere.......... :cry:

rickenbacherus
01-15-2004, 02:33 AM
Post a link eh?

ktheking
01-15-2004, 12:40 PM
it's the site of ingrammicro
http://www.ingrammicro.com

But somewhere it's more or less logical from a commercial point of view for my dealer.
Nevertheless it's a pity that it's not fully compliant this exploder stuff :cry: .
Tnx for you interest...

fingers99
01-15-2004, 01:57 PM
Seems to work fine (at least, the pages display and all) on my out of the crate Moz in 3.3.

What problems are you having with it?

rickenbacherus
01-16-2004, 06:45 AM
The site works ok w/ mozilla-firebird 0.7 too

champagnemojo
01-16-2004, 10:53 AM
Works with Konqueror too. :D

ktheking
01-18-2004, 03:37 AM
Yeah visualising is one thing ,

Logging into their website is another ... :?

It's the logging in part that fails .. can't get acces ..
With Exploder => no problem ...
Could it be some visual scripting is inserted inside jsp ?
And if so .. do there exsist Mozilla plugins for this kind of tricky exploder situations ?
tnx a lot for you interest guys.... (and girls ? :wink: )

Damn .. I still need Windoze for doiing my bussiness ? If even I can't pull it off , how to convince my clients ? Open exploder with wine ?

champagnemojo
01-18-2004, 04:50 AM
You could try mozilla-firebird. Also you can download netscape 4.77 from the non-free section of the debian pool. It's one of the browsers listed on the Ingram Micro site as being compatible. Seems worth a shot.

Cuddles
01-18-2004, 02:41 PM
KTheKing,

Ok, I figure, since you have undoutbly been using Linux longer than me, I can't help but think of something simple in this...

You mentioned in your last post, you having problems AFTER attempting to LOGIN to the web site... Could this be something to do with accepting Cookies or something?

( I know, its a simp answer, especially considering the other responses so far, but hey, I just a simp 'le girl here :roll: )

Just trying to help,
Cuddles

ktheking
01-27-2004, 12:01 AM
Sorry lads none of your hints and clues did help.
I think the site uses a kind of encryption to validate the login.
Ah and by the way...

I did propose the VISA proposal to Klaus....
He laughed it away :oops: .
He makes his money by people requesting him a customized knoppix.

> Dear Klaus,
>
> Did you already received sponsoring offers from firms ?
>
> I ask this because ,I see knoppix as the perfect solution for
> card companies like VISA to hand out to their clients.
> With knoppix it is possible to perform card payments over the
> internet completely safe. Since at each boot it starts CLEAN.
>
> Since you could save card companies MILLIONS in avoided
> frauds,it should only be fair that you receive a part of that.
>
> I think it could benefit to the development of knoppix.
> More serverspace ,bandwith ,etc.. .
> And still stay opensource .

Actually, if card companies had an interest in the development of a secure system, they can as well PAY me for a customization, which is just what some other companies do in order to get a modified Knoppix version. My business model does not rely on sponsoring or donations. And it's OpenSource anyways. :-)

But so far, no card company has attempted to cantact me.

With kind regards
-Klaus Knopper