PDA

View Full Version : no internet

seb
02-10-2003, 04:44 PM
when i ran knoppix from cd internet worked fine.. but after succesfull install my internet is gone..
i already have these lines in my interfaces file

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

ips are done with dhcp. can anytone help me?

RaviSingh
02-19-2003, 09:58 PM
I've got the same problem and i have no real idea on how to fix it, but someone did mention that if you ran netcardconfig as root from a shell, it should help you get on to the internet...it does not seem to save this setting and the next time you boot you may have to run the command again. At least with me it doe not save the setting. It might save it for you.

Is there anyone out there who know how to fix this so I don't have to keep doing this at boot up?

Stephen
02-20-2003, 09:48 AM
If you do not have to use dhcp and you know the settings for you IP address, gateway etc. then just re-install and when the script asks you if you want to use dhcp click no enter your settings and when you re-boot you will be automatically connected. The dhcp did not seem to work for me so that's how I got it to work.

trueocker
02-24-2003, 04:46 AM
I had same problem.

My system is external dial-up modem plus ethernet card for home network.

I could connect to my ISP with KPPP but could not access the web, email etc.
Solved problem by booting from Knoppix CD and copy the following files to the HDD install:-

/etc/resolve.conf
/etc/host.conf
/etc/hostname
/etc/hosts
/etc/hosts.allow
/etc/hosts.deny
/etc/network.interfaces.

After rebott, 'net access worked.

trueocker

striker
03-05-2003, 09:26 PM
I'm a newbie and saw the post which was what I was looking for. I tried netcardconfig in the command line and WHAM! I'm on line. I don't want to reinstall Knoppix as I've don't it too many times. I finallly have a Debian distro. It is better than Libranet. :P