PDA

View Full Version : Problem with USB

buddha-22
01-16-2004, 10:31 PM
When i start Knoppix up, it hangs when it starts the USB manger thing. It just stops and does nothing. I can boot up fine with "knoppix nousb" but I need USB support because I have a USB Linksys Wireless Network Adapter. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Derek

windos_no_thanks
01-16-2004, 10:34 PM
Does that also happen when there are no USB devices connected ?

buddha-22
01-17-2004, 04:23 AM
Thats when it gets real wierd. After I boot up normally with all the usb stuff unplugged and it gets past the USB manager but then the computer monitor flickers on and off. I have no idea what the problem is. I'm downloading MandrakeMove right now so I'll try that one and see if it works.

buddha-22
01-17-2004, 04:25 AM
Can you enable USB on Knoppix after you start without it?

windos_no_thanks
01-17-2004, 07:05 AM
Thats when it gets real wierd. After I boot up normally with all the usb stuff unplugged and it gets past the USB manager but then the computer monitor flickers on and off. I have no idea what the problem is.
It often tries different video modes, how long did you wait ? (on a slow computer that can take a minute or so)

Can you enable USB on Knoppix after you start without it?

Haven't tried it but it might be possible on the command line. But if you get it up with the usb devices unplugged you should at least be able to determine which one caused problems earlier.