PDA

View Full Version : kdevelop doesn't seem to work...

h3rald
01-17-2004, 09:42 AM
Hello everyone!

I installed knoppix on my hard drive and I use it as a full distro, because I really never found any other distro able to offer the stability and cool tools of a debian distro AND a very easy setup method (lilo detected everything at first time!!!). I'm very very pleased with knoppix.

Just one *little* thing.
Whenever I run KDevelop or any other c++ IDE I can't compile!!! And neither open a new file with kdevelop... the buttons are disables, both to compile and open a new file. But I'm sure my system can compile, coz I compiled and installed plenty of files from sources.

Any idea?

rabid-wombat
01-17-2004, 11:42 AM
Im running knoppix from the CD and find that I have the same problem with Kdevelop. No open or compile/execute options. I am very interested in resolving the issue or suggestion on how to get started.

wombat

turbinater
01-17-2004, 11:14 PM
Whenever I run KDevelop or any other c++ IDE I can't compile!!! And neither open a new file with kdevelop... the buttons are disables, both to compile and open a new file. But I'm sure my system can compile, coz I compiled and installed plenty of files from sources.

First, in kdevelop, go "build -> configure"

Then, "build -> make"

If it still doesn't compile: In a console, go into your project directory and type:
/.configure then:
make

h3rald
01-18-2004, 02:56 PM
I can't go in "build -> configure" menu or anything like that because all the buttons in the menu are disabled. Also, well, I can compile projects which have a configuration script and a makefile, but there's no way I can compile a SIMPLE and plain "Hello World" -like program!!! Simply I can't create new files, or I can't open existing ones. I think maybe this could be understandable for a CD based distro, because they normally don't have any compiler enabled (even if knoppix could be special, since it lets you have a persistent /home directory on your hd, if you like, even without doing the hd install). I just don't know what to do. Furthermore, if I make a simple "hello world" program, gcc gives me an error when I compile it, during the linking procedure... and g++ doesn't seem to work. BUT I can compile projects which have a makefile, with the normal procedure:
$ ./configure
$ make
$ su
$Password: <password>
# make install

I'd just like a working IDE for c++... I tried Anjuta or something else, but they all have the same problem... like if some setting were disabled globally. Jave IDE, like NetBeans, runs fine, thanks God... any clue?