PDA

View Full Version : HOLY SH*T!!!!

paparush
02-10-2003, 06:53 PM
I got the ISO burned and I am TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY!!! I've been futzing with another Linux distro for a while, but I'd read good things about Knoppix and gave it a try.

Holy Smoke! What a great first impression. Knoppix read my machine like a book. Correctly configured all my vid/graphic stuff, recognized all my network stuff, supported my CD/DVD drive, picked up my two Windows drives, etc.... I didn't have to touch a thing.

These guys kick ass!!!!

aay
02-10-2003, 10:44 PM
Welcome to the wild world of Knoppix. Look for even better things to come.

Leg0z
02-10-2003, 11:06 PM
Knoppix is the shiznit.

Im a network administrator at a financial securitys lawfirm. I use knoppix every single day since I discovered it.

Times Knoppix has saved my ass: 32
Times Knoppix has let me down: 0

not too mention the times its saved my own personal winblows machine.

thanks klaus

:D

Dave_Bechtel
02-10-2003, 11:35 PM
--ROOT, man. Word!! U *GO*, buoy!! 8)

Knoppix is the shiznit.

Im a network administrator at a financial securitys lawfirm. I use knoppix every single day since I discovered it.

Times Knoppix has saved my ass: 32
Times Knoppix has let me down: 0

not too mention the times its saved my own personal winblows machine.

thanks klaus

:D

thadk
02-10-2003, 11:38 PM
It looks great! Have been waiting months for this. A couple little things I noticed though:

AntiAliasing seems to have no effect...whether it's on or off theres no change in the quality of the rendering on my laptop. (hmm, also I wonder if theres some way to detect laptops so subpixel could be enabled...)
Some software (e.g. gimp) is on the iso but doesn't seem to be in the kde menus.
The graphics in the kicker don't seem to be as crisp as they are on the boot splashscreen or on my gentoo box.

aay
02-11-2003, 02:31 AM
It looks great! Have been waiting months for this. A couple little things I noticed though:

[list]
AntiAliasing seems to have no effect...whether it's on or off theres no change in the quality of the rendering on my laptop. (hmm, also I wonder if theres some way to detect laptops so subpixel could be enabled...)

Hmm...I"m not sure if you're refering to the remasterd version of Knoppix that eadz (the guy who runs this site) has produced, but if not you should check it out. It has GREAT aa fonts. It has KDE 3.1 on it and uses KDE apps almost exclusively, but it does have Gimp on it (though not in the menus).

You can find the link to it here http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/KnoppixKDE

thadk
02-12-2003, 02:23 PM
yup, donno how the post ended up in this thread. Must have misposted...