PDA

View Full Version : Real Audio for Knoppix?

JockVSJock
01-18-2004, 04:42 AM
Is it possible to apt-get Real Audio for Knoppix?

Also, I've downloaded the bin file but can't get it to run, any ideas how?

thanks

champagnemojo
01-18-2004, 04:54 AM
I think Kano (http://kano.mipooh.net) has a script to install it.

rudiz
01-18-2004, 03:21 PM
On the last page of the download site you can find the commands for installing Real pl.
When ur download is finished dont close the last page of the Realsite.
U need the .bin file NOT the .rpm file of the player.

JockVSJock
01-18-2004, 04:25 PM
I think Kano (http://kano.mipooh.net) has a script to install it.

Got the script and downloaded it, made it so I could run it.

Once I ran the script, I got a few errors:

cp: cannot stat `rpm/usr/*': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file `../../lib/RealPlayer8/Codecs/drv4.so.6.0': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file `../../lib/RealPlayer8/Codecs/rv40.so.6.0': No such file or directory

to start open a new console, then: realplay
to use the realplayer plugin start mozilla from console.
cmmiller@probot:/tmp$ realplay
bash: realplay: command not found

I downloaded this to /tmp directory.

Also when running find / -name real, I could not locate it and trying a few websites with mozilla that offer streaming real audio I was not able to get the stream as well.

thanks

champagnemojo
01-19-2004, 02:54 AM
You're right, that script doesn't work anymore. I needed to install it anyways, so I'll tell you how I did it.

First, get the rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2_rpm file from the real.com website. Don't change the name and remember where it's located.

Then get THIS (ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/dists/stable/main/binary-i386/realplayer_8.0.9_i386.deb) file. Install this deb file and it will ask you where the file above is located. Tell it, and then it'll be installed. Sorry about pointing you to an out-dated script before.

JockVSJock
01-19-2004, 04:37 AM
You're right, that script doesn't work anymore. I needed to install it anyways, so I'll tell you how I did it.

First, get the rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2_rpm file from the real.com website. Don't change the name and remember where it's located.

Then get THIS (ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/dists/stable/main/binary-i386/realplayer_8.0.9_i386.deb) file. Install this deb file and it will ask you where the file above is located. Tell it, and then it'll be installed. Sorry about pointing you to an out-dated script before.

Rock On!

That worked, thanks...