PDA

View Full Version : ACX100 driver in 3.4 ?

waltdakind
01-18-2004, 07:21 AM
I have a D-Link Air-Plus DWL- 650+ WLAN card that isn't being recognized by Knoppix. I've seen there is a driver available (http://www.houseofcraig.net/acx100_howto.php#app_b) but it looks like a lot of work and since I don't have a linux partition on my notebook (or anywhere else to keep a persistent home dir) it's something I'd have to repeat on every boot.

So, I'm hoping someone out there has a better grasp of this and has taken the next step of doing a remaster that includes this driver.
(and that they're the generous sort who'd like to make it available for download.... )
If I were a bit more ambitious and/or Linux savvy I'd remaster a CD to include the driver but I'm too busy and too much of a Linux noob.

I'd be really happy if there was support for the TI ACX100 chipset on the next Knoppix release. If someone (smarter and harder working than me) has already made a remaster to include this driver (or is planning on doing so) please let me know.
Does anyone know if the next release is acx100 friendly? It would make my knoppix experience on my notebook go so much moe smoothly.

Thanks,

Walter
:?

visible
05-30-2004, 02:20 PM
Sadly the is no remake with driver yet as it is still not stable (even though it is for me:)
the site you mentioned has been updated to include some precompiled drivers for Knoppix 3.3

I have made modules for various distro s. This includes 3.4 of Knoppix. Using the scripts and saving it knoppix config work so good it is not much of an inconvenience. (i just make sure i click on the start_net script i modified on my desktop and im all set)

It will be included in time; just not yet.

nknownuser at shaw dot ca if more questions.