PDA

View Full Version : burn cds in knoppix

ptayanvo
01-19-2004, 12:20 AM
i have knoppix installed on my hd is there a program I can use to burn cds with it ?

m_yates
01-19-2004, 12:52 AM
You can use k3b or xcdroast. You should run them as root the first time so that they can be set up to allow a user to run them. As root in a terminal, just type "k3b" or "xcdroast" to run. Of course if they are not installed, install with apt-get (apt-get install k3b)

ptayanvo
01-19-2004, 01:21 AM
thanks a lot !

Cuddles
01-19-2004, 01:41 AM
While on the subject - forgive me, I haven't had the chance to fire up k3b yet, with all the apt-gets and upgrades I've been doing to get new system happy...

But, having a CD-RW, does k3b have options for re-writting? And, one last Q -=- Can it work on both data CD's, as well as burning audio cd's?

Thanks, I have been wondering during all the work I've been doing, but haven't had the opportunity to work on the smaller things - like even finding out if my CD-RW even works. Shesh :roll:

Cuddles
[we now return you to your original bandwidth, already in progress]

Stephen
01-19-2004, 02:08 AM
While on the subject - forgive me, I haven't had the chance to fire up k3b yet, with all the apt-gets and upgrades I've been doing to get new system happy...

But, having a CD-RW, does k3b have options for re-writting? And, one last Q -=- Can it work on both data CD's, as well as burning audio cd's?

Thanks, I have been wondering during all the work I've been doing, but haven't had the opportunity to work on the smaller things - like even finding out if my CD-RW even works. Shesh :roll:

Cuddles
[we now return you to your original bandwidth, already in progress]

It can do all that no problem it will even automatically erase the CD/DVD -+RW and you will really like the burning of audio CD's on the fly (at least I do), drag'n'drop the files in the project area see how much time you have left on the CD and press burn and select your speed and watch it go.

Cuddles
01-19-2004, 02:19 AM
Cool :!:

I have so much to learn in Knoppix/Debian, and so little time. I have been having so much fun just getting and setting up new screensavers and games - can you tell where my "priorities" are here? [giggle]

I've been using Debian, from a HD Install of Knoppix, for just over four weeks now, and STILL have a lot of things I need to learn... [what does this do? Ooops, don't use that! what does this do? Ohhhh, thats neat! what does this do? Hmmmm, nice, I like it, store that for future use! stuff]

I'm like a kid in a candy store, with an all expenses paid account :!: Wooooo-Hoooooo [lol]
Cuddles