PDA

View Full Version : Remastered Knoppix with apache and mod_php

Stephan_M
02-10-2003, 10:54 PM
Hi Folks,
does anyone have a remastered Knoppix .iso (or a guide to make my own) with an apache server, mod_php and eventually mysql (LAMP) running for me? I need it to develop PHP Pages on a NTFS-System (that means i cannot create a swap-partition - only writing to /floppy)

Big thx,

Stephan

probono
02-11-2003, 12:43 AM
Hi Stephan,

the plain Knoppix has apache, php and mysql installed by default.
To get it running:
open a console
type "sudo su" to get root
type "apache" to start apache, HTML files are in /var/www
type "mysqld" to start apache
edit /etc/httpd.conf (delete the existing one and create a new one)

of course, all of the above can be included in a knoppx.sh script so that you don't have to do it over and over again.

zzyzx
02-11-2003, 05:34 AM
Apache is already installed, all you need to do is apt-get install php, and you are done. Hopefully php will be added plus 50 of the best php applications.

As for a php knoppix, I don't believe there is one, but I could be wrong.

I use php with knoppix everyday.

Bill

Alextreme
02-11-2003, 11:19 AM
Hmm, PHP would be fun in the morphix server module. Isn't even close to being workable, just gathering idea's and doing some initial installation, but every idea counts :D *added to wishlist*

Stephan_M
02-12-2003, 08:21 PM
:D :D Yes, now it works!!
My problem was, that i only had a customized version of KNOPPIX (from a computer magazin) in which apache and mysql where missing. Now i get a complete Version and my server runs!

By the way... is there a version of PHPMyAdmin in KNOPPIX?

Big thanks to all!

Stephan

GraphiteFingers
06-10-2009, 08:25 PM
It looks like Knoppix 6.0 no longer has Apache/PHP. It also appears to not have any compiler support (making it harder to build Apache/PHP/mySQL from Knoppix 6.0 on, say, a local harddrive or flash drive -- stuff I was hoping to do). Anybody have a way [i.e. know where Apache is hiding, or know of a compiler, or a version of Knoppix with all the latest web server goodies installed?)

I want to set up an Apache/PHP (and perhaps mySQL) test bed on an old laptop I have. I got this working with Knoppix ver 5.1.1 but it has PHP 4 and I want PHP 5.