PDA

View Full Version : How to configure my Belkin wireless card

oconnork00
01-19-2004, 11:37 AM
Hi there,
I got knoppix v3.3 running on my dell latitude cpi and i want to be able to use my belkin network card. Unfortunately it doesnt seem to recognise it from the bootable OS. Can anyone give me some pointers as to how to configure it? When i type cardctl status it shows the card is there in socket 0. Broadcom i think it calls it...
But when i do the lwcardconfig it cays no card found! Help!!

Thanks, Kevin.
BTW i am completely new to this whole thing, so any info will be great.

dogo
12-29-2005, 04:26 PM
did you ever sort this out, as i have the same problem, any advise that you could offer i would be very greatful

doog

foamrotreturns
12-29-2005, 09:13 PM
Need info on the card. What's its chipset? Model? PCMCIA or USB?
What version of Knoppix?
HDD install or LiveCD?

Harry Kuhman
12-29-2005, 09:50 PM
I got knoppix v3.3 running on my dell latitude cpi and i want to be able to use my belkin network card.....
The normal Belkin wired 10/100 card should configure itself just fine at boot time, assuming you have a router with DHCP enabled. Wired cards are a different issue, the card and chip makers are keeping lots of things secret and not releasing many decent Linux drivers, so Linux support is spotty. Of 4 wireless interfaces I have (I don't even count the worthless UBS junk), only one has worked for me under Knoppix. But that one was a Belkin 802.11b card. Even there you might have a Belkin 802.11b card with a different chipset, so there are no gaurantees here. But my Belkin card did not work with 3.3, a very old release. It finally started working at either 3.8 or 3.9 (I forget which). So the first thing I would suggest is upgrade to the current Knoppix and try again. Or just use a wired NIC.

dogo
12-30-2005, 04:28 PM
Need info on the card. What's its chipset? Model? PCMCIA or USB?
What version of Knoppix?
HDD install or LiveCD?

Hi the Card is a Belkin IEEE 802.11g/54MPs Model No FD7010 Ver1314uk (PCMCIA) it
appears to be using the Broadcom chipset!

Im using Version 4 of Knoppix, LiveCD version

Cheers for any advise