PDA

View Full Version : New knoppix drive

ssnow
01-20-2004, 03:00 AM
Help my old knoppix drive got so full that i could not boot from it and i lost and could not remake the book record for that drive. But i got a new drive and put knoppix on it. I have some files that are on the other drive that only the root and other certain users can get. And knoppix isn't finding that drive except under the partition image program and i need to know how to get it to show up so i can get my files off. These files are important work files

baldyeti
01-20-2004, 11:44 AM
Telling us you're panicking is no use; please provide facts. Is your new drive the primary master, and have you correctly changed the jumpers on your old one to slave? Or else? Please post the output of "fdisk -l". By Adding the correct entries to /etc/fstab, you new installation will be able to mount pre-existing filesystems. In the meantime, you might experiment with:
mkdir /oldK
mount -r /dev/hdbN /oldKwould allow you to mount your old hdaN root onto the /oldK mount point which you have to create beforehand. Finding the right value for N is left as an exercise ;-)