PDA

View Full Version : problem with install knoppix on a second hard drive

dukka
01-20-2004, 04:56 PM
I'm new on this board so i would like to apologize yuo if this topic had been discussed here in the previous posts.

I have two hard drives:
First with windows2000 (hda) and second (hdd) with for knoppix (SWAP and FILES partitions made by cfdisk, lilo saved in mbr or partition - i tried two times).
Unfortunately, when i was installing knoppix i received an error during update of fstab file (i have no details) and when the 'boot disk' was created (message likes: 'no such file and/or directory')
Now when i boot from second disk, i receive info: no system...

MD5 (testcd) are ok, working from is ok.
Could you help me what should i do ? (more detailed please)

thanks
dukka

Dave_Bechtel
01-28-2004, 07:00 AM
--Could be a BIOS problem. Try switching the 2nd hard drive so that it's hdb instead of hdd. Make sure you create a LILO boot floppy disk during the install, as well.

I'm new on this board so i would like to apologize yuo if this topic had been discussed here in the previous posts.

I have two hard drives:
First with windows2000 (hda) and second (hdd) with for knoppix (SWAP and FILES partitions made by cfdisk, lilo saved in mbr or partition - i tried two times).
Unfortunately, when i was installing knoppix i received an error during update of fstab file (i have no details) and when the 'boot disk' was created (message likes: 'no such file and/or directory')
Now when i boot from second disk, i receive info: no system...

MD5 (testcd) are ok, working from is ok.
Could you help me what should i do ? (more detailed please)

thanks
dukka