PDA

View Full Version : Debian(Knoppix? on HD) "locks" when PCMCIA card is

dgr72371
01-22-2004, 03:51 PM
hello. I've recently installed Knoppix on my laptop HD (which I think turns it into Debian?) and everything seems to run well *except* for the PCMCIA ports. The laptop is a Toshiba 2100CDS btw (t2100cdt.kippona.net/downloads/spec2100cdt.pdf). The PCMCIA ports seem to initialize fine during the boot sequence (I can run cardctl from a prompt and they're there), but after I'm in the KDE w/ the desktop running, and I insert a PCMCIA card (a Netgear MA401 Wireless LAN card), the system "freezes" and doesn't accept any more keyboard/mouse/etc. input. Taking the card out doesn't help either. I have to hold down the power button to turn the system off. I tried editing the /etc/pcmcia/config.opts file with the help from this link: www.northmill.org/laptop/index.html.outdated (I did noticed that the version of the config.opts already existing on my HD had a few extra entries in the first couple of exclude/include lines and irqs 3 & 7 were commented out). I added/commented/uncommented the various lines that it shows, saved, rebooted, but the "freezing ports" still occurred when a card is inserted.
Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get the PCMCIA ports functional to where I can get on the internet & my home LAN w/ the wireless card? Thanks in advance.

holyhandgrenade
01-22-2004, 11:52 PM
I answered this in your other thread you started.

http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7549