PDA

View Full Version : Problem with sound and ATAPI ZIP

Igor
01-23-2004, 12:31 PM
Hi, All!
I use Knoppix 3.3 2003-11-14 beta. I have soundcard AD1816. It finded when system boot, but with message "no driver". When I start sndconfig and select my card from list, program terminated with message "segmentation fault". Bad driver? "testcd" show OK... How I can solve this problem? I don't want install system to HDD.
And second question. I have IDE ZIP 100 Mb in my computer as slave on second IDE channel. How I can access this device? I try mount it with "mount -t msdos /dev/hdd /mnt/hdd" and with "mount -t msdos /dev/hdd4 /mnt/hdd" - no success :-( Does Knoppix support IDE ZIP? Suse 9.0 work with it without problem...

Stephen
01-23-2004, 06:25 PM
Hi, All!
I use Knoppix 3.3 2003-11-14 beta. I have soundcard AD1816. It finded when system boot, but with message "no driver". When I start sndconfig and select my card from list, program terminated with message "segmentation fault". Bad driver? "testcd" show OK... How I can solve this problem? I don't want install system to HDD.
And second question. I have IDE ZIP 100 Mb in my computer as slave on second IDE channel. How I can access this device? I try mount it with "mount -t msdos /dev/hdd /mnt/hdd" and with "mount -t msdos /dev/hdd4 /mnt/hdd" - no success :-( Does Knoppix support IDE ZIP? Suse 9.0 work with it without problem...

You are trying to mount the wrong device Knoppix (Linux) recognizes those drives as scsi devices so you should use /dev/sda4 as the device you are trying to mount. For the sound use knoppix alsa when you boot.

Igor
01-24-2004, 05:36 PM
Thanks for /dev/sda4. It work, but... I can use "mount" only from "root". And "knoppix" can't access this device. When I try "chmod" (from mc) - it not work, rights not changed.

About sound AD1816 - I already try "alsa" when boot. It not work.

windos_no_thanks
01-24-2004, 07:44 PM
Thanks for /dev/sda4. It work, but... I can use "mount" only from "root". And "knoppix" can't access this device. When I try "chmod" (from mc) - it not work, rights not changed.
If you are running from the live CD just say "sudo mount" instead of "mount"

Igor
01-24-2004, 10:44 PM
Yes, with ZIP all right now. Thanks. But what about sound?