PDA

View Full Version : Automatically ip address config ...

afi
01-23-2004, 10:11 PM
Hi. I'm a student from Romania living in a campus. I tried using Knoppix 3.3, but I had some problems in my net card configuration. Under Windows I use "Automaticaly detect settings" for configuring my IP, but under Knoppix I can't configure network acces using DHCP. Is there any hope? If any please help me.
Thanks.
With regards Afi
:(

tearinghairout
01-24-2004, 01:44 AM
First thing you should try to do is find out if the card is being recognised or not.

What type of network card is it? If you are not sure, what is the output of lspci -v?

What is the output of ifconfig -a?

Also, are you running Knoppix from CD or have you installed to hard disk?

THO

Stephen
01-24-2004, 02:38 AM
Hi. I'm a student from Romania living in a campus. I tried using Knoppix 3.3, but I had some problems in my net card configuration. Under Windows I use "Automaticaly detect settings" for configuring my IP, but under Knoppix I can't configure network acces using DHCP. Is there any hope? If any please help me.
Thanks.
With regards Afi
:(

You may want to try from a console window (clam shell icon on taskbar) pump -i eth0 to try force it to give you an IP you may also want to try from the boot: prompt knoppix noapic or knoppix noacpi.

afi
01-25-2004, 01:21 PM
Thanks a lot for your help, but I still can't make it work. It's all ok, but when Knoppix boots in graphic mode, there's no signal from my video card.
Thanks a lot again.
With regards,
Afi