PDA

View Full Version : install bombs

JESVIN
01-24-2004, 01:53 AM
:( HI.I tried to install Mandrake and Redhat Linux to my computer but they do not seem to work :( :( :(

I got a copy of the Beta version of Knoppix 3.3.I booted and tried out knx-hdinstall.when it came to the point of copying files I got an error.since then I tried to do it a number of times.I noticed that some files refuse to copy showing error messages about cloops,file access errors,and really big numbers. :shock: The installer continues installing but Knoppix hangs showing long code beginning with EIP.I hav a i810 board and hav prepared a 7004mb ext2 logical partition for this.
HELP!!!

fingers99
01-24-2004, 02:00 AM
Do check that the CD is OK. Pop it in the drive and at the boot prompt type:

knoppix testcd

But I suspect that there is some issue with your hardware -- it's rare indeed for 3 versions of Linux not to install if all is OK.

The very first thing you should try is to get into the bios and select "bios defaults" and make absolutely sure that it's set to "non plug and play OS".

If that doesn't do it, please get back with the exact errors.

Stephen
01-24-2004, 02:43 AM
Cloop errors ususally mean you have a bad CD you should try booting with knoppix testcd and see if it is ok and you should have before you try to install a second partition that you can setup and use as the /swap partition oh and you might want to use ext3 for the file system as well.