PDA

View Full Version : Configuring sound after HD install

langrisser
01-24-2004, 06:14 AM
Im new to linux and i have no experience configuring the sound by myself, i tried running soundconfig but it said my soundcard was not yet supported "onboard Realtek AC'97 sound"

what i want to know is if its possible to save/copy the sound configuration when im running off the CD, cause when i boot from the cd, the sound works fine. what files/data should i save in order to use that configuration after HD install?

Stephen
01-24-2004, 07:57 AM
Im new to linux and i have no experience configuring the sound by myself, i tried running soundconfig but it said my soundcard was not yet supported "onboard Realtek AC'97 sound"

what i want to know is if its possible to save/copy the sound configuration when im running off the CD, cause when i boot from the cd, the sound works fine. what files/data should i save in order to use that configuration after HD install?

Open a console window (clam shell icon on taskbar) and use the command su then enter the root password next /etc/init.d/alsa-autoconfig to have the sound devices created for alsa now open the file /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh with an editor and add the line aumix -w 75 -v 75 near the bottom of the file to set the default volumes next time you boot.