PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix Help BADLY NEEDED

litedrum
01-25-2004, 01:20 AM
I'm feeling really stupid. I just spent an hour downloading and burning Knoppix V3.3 onto a CD and now the entire program is in German! Is there an english version, and if so where can I get it? If not, how can I switch my Language to English? (If you haven't figured it out yet I can't speak a word of German!)
Please Respond,
Litedrum :?

Cuddles
01-25-2004, 01:41 AM
When you get the "boot:" prompt, type the following...

knoppix lang=en

and press enter.

When you boot into Knoppix, if you have a little flag right by the clock, at the bottom of the screen, try clicking the flag to see if it changes to a US and the US Flag. (if it isn't already a US Flag)

But, I think the CD, at the boot prompt, sets you up for English.

LiteDrum, Knoppix is originally released in German, and most default to this language, unless you download a English specific version. ( I also have the German version, and yes, it is hard to understand, if you don't know the language :D )

Cuddles

Fenix_999
01-25-2004, 01:42 AM
normaly there are both versions English and German on the servers, you have to check the last letters, EN for english.

CrashedAgain
01-25-2004, 01:44 AM
If knoppix lang=en doesn't work try knoppix lang=us.

Cuddles
01-25-2004, 01:49 AM
True, CrashedAgain, funny, the documentation states using the =us, but I have found the =en works as well -=- possibly an "undocumented" feature of Knoppix :?: [giggle]

Cuddles