PDA

View Full Version : Autoinitialization of soundcard

Hellmark
01-25-2004, 03:49 AM
Everytime i want to use my sound card after booting up with a bash script that includes the following:

modprobe sound dmabuf=1
modprobe cs4232 irq=5 io=0x530 dma=1 dma2=0 mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=9
modprobe opl3 io=0x388

The script requires root access. so far my attempts of having it in /etc/init.d with a symlink from /etc/rc5.d (as someone else suggested) didnt work.

Anyone?

Stephen
01-25-2004, 04:25 AM
Everytime i want to use my sound card after booting up with a bash script that includes the following:

modprobe sound dmabuf=1
modprobe cs4232 irq=5 io=0x530 dma=1 dma2=0 mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=9
modprobe opl3 io=0x388

The script requires root access. so far my attempts of having it in /etc/init.d with a symlink from /etc/rc5.d (as someone else suggested) didnt work.

Anyone?

You may want to try creating a file called say sound in the /etc/modutils/ directory then after have saved the file run update-modules to have the contents entered into the /etc/modules.conf for use on the next boot. Not totally sure if the format you have there will work as is but this is how the options are usually done for modules so it is worth a try.

Hellmark
01-26-2004, 07:50 AM
Nope, tried it and it doesnt work

Stephen
01-26-2004, 08:26 AM
Try putting the lines near the bottom of the file /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh I use a similar line to force the loading of my nvidia module for kernel 2.6.

dmesg -s 65536 > /var/log/dmesg

#
# Remove ".clean" files.
#
rm -f /tmp/.clean /var/run/.clean /var/lock/.clean

## Added by me for nvidia to use the NvAgp and load the module for 2.6 kernel
rmmod agpgart
modprobe -f nvidia
: exit 0

But you may want to also try just passing options to the modules in the file you created:

option sound dmabuf=1
option cs4232 irq=5 io=0x530 dma=1 dma2=0 mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=9
option opl3 io=0x388

Then put the sound, cs4232 and opl3 in the file /etc/modules on seperate lines and make sure to run the update-modules.

Hellmark
01-26-2004, 08:32 AM
opl3?

Sorry if I am missing something, but I'm a complete Linux newb (been on M$ based systems for the better part of a decade and a half now, and only recently started giving Tux a green light)

Stephen
01-26-2004, 09:05 AM
opl3?

Sorry if I am missing something, but I'm a complete Linux newb (been on M$ based systems for the better part of a decade and a half now, and only recently started giving Tux a green light)

Those are the names of the modules that you are using in the original post that you made. They have to be loaded from somewhere in the system the usual place you put them are on a separate line in the file /etc/modules this way they will get loaded at boot, when these modules have extra parameters that you have to pass to them then you need to put them somewhere where they will also be loaded this is the point of using the separate file and then using update-modules. The other option is using the bootmisc.sh file and entering the lines there to be loaded.