PDA

View Full Version : Citrix ICA 7 won't run on HD copy of KNOPPIX

dugstratton
01-26-2004, 02:10 AM
I am trying to get the ICA v7 Client running on my linux computer (KNOPPIX HD install - debian distro)

I tried two ways. One was to unpack the linuxx86.tar.gz file. Then run the ./setupwfc install script. Seemed to go fine.

When I go click on Citrix ICA client under applications the intro screen pops up and then dies. Nothing no errors.

I am not a linux person (yet) so I tried a bunch of things.

The one thing that looks odd but I have no clue on how to fix is this:

root@Knoppix:~/Software/citrix/V7# ldd /usr/lib/ICAClient/wfica
libXaw.so.6 => not found
libXt.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6 (0x418b0000)
libX11.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6 (0x41306000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x41171000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x41019000)
libSM.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.so.6 (0x41967000)
libICE.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libICE.so.6 (0x4193e000)
/lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x41000000)

There are libXaw.so.7 library.

I also tried the RPM install with alien. Again it looks like it installed but the appliation icons are not there and when I go and run the wfica manually it looks like the same problem happens.

I have tried the web client (6.3 something I think) but when I go to the farm and trie to run a session it just asks me where to store the ica file and won't run it.

the V7 install asks if I want to integrate with netscape (I assume it is talking about mozilla not Konqueror. But I have tried to look at both. The instructions say I have to go enable the plugin after the install but it is not listed anywhere that i can find in the browser(s) config menus.

I hope someone can tell me what to do. I am try to do this for work.

Thanks

fingers99
01-26-2004, 02:55 AM
Looks to me as though it needs earlier libXaw.so version.

What do Citrix say? Is there a list of required libraries?

dugstratton
01-26-2004, 05:44 AM
No reply from the citrix web site. I have not been able to find anything that says what is needed.

How can I get the older version of the library installed?

gowator
01-26-2004, 03:48 PM
thats a bit tricky....
the interface really sucks, its old motif stuff, like acroread so I guess the libs are pretty dated.

Ive used it under Solaris and it works nicely if a bit ugly but getting the older versions of the libs without wrecking your install is a bit of a pain.

Theoretically you could download the source and compile them then put them somewhere other where makeinstall puts them ,,,,
then write a startup script for ica that uses the old libs... setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH vars'
However, you are likely to run into dependency hell when doing it....

If I were doing this I'd install an old distro somewhere supported by ICA and get it working first then start working out ther deps....

dugstratton
01-27-2004, 08:58 PM
Found out a little more

If I run ./wfica while in kate editor I get the following message in the terminal window
./wfica
./wfica: error while loading shared libraries: libXaw.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I ran ldconfig -p to get a list of something??? And found the file mentioned above so I don't know what all this means? is this a reference that software is supposed to use to find libararies? The file is there.
libXaw.so.6 (libc5) => /usr/i486-linuxlibc1/lib/libXaw.so.6

If I can't figure this out soon I will have to look for another distro to work with and hope the problem is not there. I hope I don't have to but I need something that works. I have posted on Citrix/debian/knoppix and everywhere else I can think of. I have had some suggestions but nothing has worked. (or is way over my head to attempt).

Any suggestions?? Thanks

gowator
01-28-2004, 12:37 PM
This might work.....

How about creating a symlink with the version it wants....

OK it isn't neat but it might just work..

I don't think you'll find any up-to-date distro (in all honesty) but you never know.
If you browse ditrowatch you get a listing of the present libraries in each distro.....

Actually just reread your last post....
Its already symlinked but in the wrong place....
Im not in linux right now (at work) but shouldn't the lib be in /usr/lib/<kernel version>/.....

where is the libXaw.so.6 (libc5) ????

Try using locate ??? (you might need to run updatedb first as root)

dugstratton
01-28-2004, 05:52 PM
I will get that info this morning. Just wanted to mention something.
I installed Knop 3.2 last night on my computer and had a little more luck. Not getting the library file problem (still could not get out, I think the firewall settings are blocking??? How can I turn off all firewall settings to test). I install the ica client fine ran it fine no errors. BUT i then ran apt-get update and updated everything. It then broke and went back to the same problem.

HUM?

gowator
01-28-2004, 07:12 PM
I forget the port ICA uses by default but if you have access to the server its configurable through other ports too (like 80)
Im busy rebuilding my main server right now when at home so sorry I cant be more helpful....'

gsiems
02-03-2004, 09:40 PM
FWIW, I am also trying to set up the MetaFrame client on a remastered Knoppix 3.3.

Looking for libXaw.so.6? try:
apt-get install libxaw6

dugstratton
02-03-2004, 11:06 PM
I tried that a few weeks ago and it did not seem to want to install correctly. I tried again and it worked. Up until now I was doing this with v3.2 of knoppix and it seemed to work when v3.3 would not.

gowator
02-04-2004, 04:59 PM
dug,
My laptop is for various reasons running Lindows....
I saw the ICA client and click n run'd it and it works (well it opens i have no metaframe server to connect to to really test)

Its likely to be a deb file and its free distribution so I don't see why I can't give it to you.
If you wanna try then Ill stick it on a ftp server for you...

Let me know :D