PDA

View Full Version : Dual head, sound, usb keyboard, many other problems

NYLinuxLover
02-11-2003, 11:41 PM
I have an emachines T2200, 1gb mem, with a 64meg TI4200 graphics card. This has an L7VMM2 motherboard.

I have a 19' Sony 400PS CRT and a Samsung 191T 19' LCD connected to the TI4200. Booting Knoppix with no options causes a series of failures -

1.) During Knoppix boot, I see the Penguin, followed by an "Error- only one processor detected". I only have 1 processor and do not see this error on any other machine.

After X starts up, both of my monitors go blank.

If I start with failsafe , I get image but my usb keyboard is not detected, an non-starter. I can't figure out how to use the "no agp", &etc. options and get picture; no combination seems to work. Is the sytax no agp usb, &etc, or no usb no agp [ no otherservice ]?

My soundcard is undetected.

I have tried various screensize and fb options without success, which is frustrating since Knoppix is a great distribution and obviously I want to be able to use it on all my machines, of which this is the latest & greatest.

My main goal is just to be able to basically boot and have it work. However, I would also like to get dual head support going and then begin customizing the CD... any help would be appreciated.

RockMumbles
02-12-2003, 06:36 AM
the options would be:
knoppix noagp noscsi noapm
etc.

As far as dual-head you'll have to edit your XF86Config-4 file for that, maybe once configured a save floppy config (??) and restarting with:
knoppix floppyconfig ... (any other options after the floppyconfig)
or you may have to start in console mode have your XF86Config-4 file on floppy (or hard drive) and then copy it over before you start X. Somehow you're going to want Knoppix to configure just one monitor save that, then configure the other save it and then merge the necessary parts into the new xinerama XF86Config-4 file. I've had xinerama up and running on one of my Libranet boxes.

rock