PDA

View Full Version : How to uninstall knx-live and wine?

Jhace
01-28-2004, 06:58 PM
Hello I have some problems..
I run Knoppix from cd and have knx-live and wine installed.
The reason I have knoppix is to copy movies to a hd (for a dvd player). Now I get the message that the disk is full when I try to copy over more movies, but I know its at least 10 G left on the hd, and I think this started after I installed theese programs.
Does anyone know how to uninstall them?

Thanks
/Jhace

windos_no_thanks
01-28-2004, 08:46 PM
Umm, how do you know there is 10G left ? Did you run df ?
BTW, one interesting thing with linux filesystems (and unix too):
Usually a few percent of the disk space is reserved for the root user only.
When df says the disk is full (100%) there is still some space left but only root is allowed to use it.

Jhace
01-28-2004, 09:46 PM
Hello, yes Ive checked the free space in Knoppix, but why Im sure there is at least 10G left is beccause I deleted just over 10G movies on the Hd before I tried copying more to it. Also I have the Hd mounted in Root, and use the File manager in Super user mode. So thats why I think its maby the knx-live or wine thats making the problems... worked before I installed them.

Thanks for trying to help
/Jhace

windos_no_thanks
01-28-2004, 09:51 PM
How about running "df" on the command line and posting the result here just to satisfy our curiosity ? :-)

Jhace
01-28-2004, 09:57 PM
How do I do that? Just type "df" ?

Jhace
01-30-2004, 09:53 AM
Well I worked around the problem by creating new directorys in root to copy to, and when it said it was full I removed the temporary folder and created a new one... seems to work so far :)

Take care
/Jhace

windos_no_thanks
01-31-2004, 06:33 AM
How do I do that? Just type "df" ?
Yes, in a terminal window that is (to open a terminal window click on the icon looking like a display with a shell on it)