PDA

View Full Version : Virtual CD for knoppix

cinzano
01-29-2004, 10:30 AM
it's just my Idea , I'm a newbie in Linux , so I start with knoppix ( i use DELL inspiron 600m) ...it's cool but i dont like its sound when st run , and then I think about winning eleven ( football game ) we can create virtual CD to play it without real CD ..can it be done with Knoppix ??..just a stupid question and idea :P

EdlinUser
01-29-2004, 04:20 PM
it's just my Idea , I'm a newbie in Linux , so I start with knoppix ( i use DELL inspiron 600m) ...it's cool but i dont like its sound when st run , and then I think about winning eleven ( football game ) we can create virtual CD to play it without real CD ..can it be done with Knoppix ??..just a stupid question and idea :P

Welcome. Right now I'm running Knoppix on a Dell 450 PII with 384 M RAM. I copied the Knoppix CD to a partition on my hard drive and created a boot diskette to start it. I found out how to set it up on the Hdd Install Forum.

There are 2 different installs discussed, Debian and Knopper. One of these days I'm going to try the Debian install. I'm so happy to have DSL and use it without worry. No worms, viruses, or root attacks. It's the ultimate online lockdown.

Thanks, Klaus Knopper! :D

Ambrose
01-29-2004, 06:55 PM
What I usually do is just stick an old 1 gig hard drive into the Knoppix computer. Copy the 700 meg filesystem onto there, and use the fromhd boot option.

- Ambrose

cinzano
01-30-2004, 02:30 AM
:D today I also found out how to install Knoppix in to hd with command knx-hdinstall ( in FAQ )
now in my DELL there are 2 system linux a XP , it runs well ..my first lesson in linux :)