PDA

View Full Version : Using KnoppixHD install as Test Webserver for Dreamweaver

Bruce Buckler
01-31-2004, 01:24 PM
Hi, I am a newbie aswell, I want to use knoppix 3.3 (19/11/03) as a web server test platform for Dreamweaver.

I am having problems with the ftp connection between dreamweaver running on a XP pc and knoppix on another pc over LAN.

My intention is to run Linux/Apache/Mysql/Php (LAMP) on knoppix server.

Macromedia say you must use a ssh connect to LAMP server and suggest using putty with plink. I have followed their instructions on the website but with no joy. Keep getting ftp connect error but looks if it's finding the host ok.

I think there maybe a few configuration settings I am missing on the knoppix server to allow access to the /var/www. I am login in as root at the moment. I have tested the putty ssh link on it's own and that works ok.

Maybe Dreamweaver a bit cranky when it comes to logging into linux webservers ??

Just wondered if anyone else has possibly come across this, I guess this is probably a fairly standard config to do by now ???

Bruce

sterlyng
06-08-2004, 10:54 PM
I also use KNOPPIX in a LAMP configuration for Dreamweaver and I found using Samba with a windows mapped drive works well for me.