PDA

View Full Version : How to ...

SlAiD
02-01-2004, 08:31 PM
How to have knoppix instaled in fat32/fat partition, and run it?

Any tutorial...?

fingers99
02-02-2004, 03:51 AM
Basically, don't. There are a few Linuxes around designed to run in Fat32, but Knoppix was never one of them.

SlAiD
02-02-2004, 09:58 AM
What partition type knoppix run?

tearinghairout
02-02-2004, 10:05 AM
Knoppix supports three different types of partitions:
ext2
ext3
reiserfs

ext2 is kind of the traditional partition type for Linux.
ext3 and reiserfs are both newer, and are journaling filesystems, which means much quicker startup times after an improper shutdown.

I think that to get the option to use reiserfs you have to install using knx-hdinstall.

SlAiD
02-02-2004, 03:20 PM
Partition Magic for windows cant convert/create a partition whit this types... them, how i make (in windows os DOS) a partition whith this types?

windos_no_thanks
02-02-2004, 03:46 PM
Partition Magic for windows cant convert/create a partition whit this types... them, how i make (in windows os DOS) a partition whith this types?
Don't make them in windows, the only thing you need is some space on the HD (about 2.2GB or so). If you don't have that much you can shrink your FAT with Partition Magic (those that don't have PM can use QtParted in Knoppix instead)

Stephen
02-02-2004, 11:15 PM

Partition Magic will create ext2/3 partitions at least it did a few years ago when I last used it. You have to resize your existing partition(s) down in size then create the new non-windows partitions and you tell it the type and size of the partition(s) to create then it tells you to reboot the machine and it completes the process.

SlAiD
02-05-2004, 09:42 AM
Ok, tks.