PDA

View Full Version : Boot up problems

Linuxguy
02-01-2004, 10:19 PM
Hello,
I downloaded Knoppix burnt it to a cd and made a bootable diskette. I have a problem though when I try to boot in knoppix. It startes to configure for the hardware and will Either stop here or carry on. Then my moniter starts to show little patterns going from left to right after this it will go black and just stops :cry:

Linuxguy
02-05-2004, 08:34 PM
Thanks for all the replies everyone(sarcastic) :roll:

windos_no_thanks
02-05-2004, 08:47 PM
Thanks for all the replies everyone(sarcastic) :roll:
Nobody gets paid for helping out here so most people tend to prefer helping when it is evident that the person who asks has tried to provide relevant information. Having to milk it again and again gets boring in the long run. So, could you tell us what hardware you are trying this on ? Does the CD work on another machine ? Have you tried some cheat codes ? (like failsafe)

Stephen
02-05-2004, 11:50 PM
Nobody gets paid for helping out here so most people tend to prefer helping when it is evident that the person who asks has tried to provide relevant information. Having to milk it again and again gets boring in the long run.

http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html - sums up the idea fairly well.

Linuxguy
02-06-2004, 07:00 PM
I know people don't get paid for it becuase I sometimes help people on there. I will provide more info later plus I was annoyed that people where not replying I have tried all the cheatcodes that would make a diference (in my mind). :roll: :arrow: or should that be :arrow: :roll: