PDA

View Full Version : Knoopix help

bukich
02-03-2004, 06:08 PM
I want to copy files from knoppix ramdisk to the windows XP NTFS partition, and when I start windows Xp to see the files, that I copy from knoppix ramdisk. Please tell me how to copy. When I boot from Knoppix CD I see windows partition, i can view them, but I cann't write files on the win partition. Is there a way to do this

johnb
02-03-2004, 06:46 PM
At this time in knoppix their is no way to write files to ntfs partitions(search for more info). A safe work around is to create a fat 32partition which can be read and written to by Knoppix and Windows. QTparted is a easy partitioning tool to use(do a search for more info). Once you have created a fat32 partion here's how to access/write to the partition. Left click-on the new partition icon on the desktop, this should mount it. The Konquorer file browser should appear and show any available files in it. A right click on that same partition icon will now offer you a choice to "change read write mode". Choose yes at the next dialog box. You should be able to write (drag and drop files) and access them in either windows or knoppix.
johnb