PDA

View Full Version : How can i setup my wireless connection with wep?

PrOmETeO
02-05-2004, 07:19 PM
I'm using a laptop with a pcmcia wireless adapter. because i have some problems with my neigthbords and i have to put WEP64 on my Access Point.

When i haven't WEP my connection works fine (It detected the connection as eth0, no wlan0...) but, now i cant set up the connection using iwconfig...

Can someone help me?

Thanks!

ckassab
02-05-2004, 07:44 PM
I'm using a laptop with a pcmcia wireless adapter. because i have some problems with my neigthbords and i have to put WEP64 on my Access Point.

When i haven't WEP my connection works fine (It detected the connection as eth0, no wlan0...) but, now i cant set up the connection using iwconfig...

Can someone help me?

Thanks!

I do not have the same environment but i am goint to tell you how i did it.

I have knoppix 3.4.

i went to the knopix menu->network/inernet->wireless config

And when it asked for the encription key i entered the wep key and it works now.

or you can go directly to /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts and set the encription key value manually.

well i had other problem, my wireless net card is pci and it was not being reinitialized when restarting my pc so i deleted the comments in teh scripts for wireless and network config and put the in rc5.d to start automatically and now it works very good(just comment, maybe it is useful for you).

I hope this help.