PDA

View Full Version : EMU10k1 Won't Compile -- what is going on, please help me!

Dr Snark
02-06-2004, 02:04 AM
please i need help

When i go to complieEMU10K1, I get this:

knoppix@BoogerBox:~/emu10k1$ make
make -Cscripts
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/knoppix/emu10k1/scripts'
/usr/src/linux-2.4/include/linux/version.h is missing. Please run make config in your kernel source tree
make[1]: *** [get_version] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/knoppix/emu10k1/scripts'
make: *** [opts] Error 2

where is version.h? and how do i get it?

Stephen
02-06-2004, 02:14 AM
please i need help

When i go to complieEMU10K1, I get this:

knoppix@BoogerBox:~/emu10k1$ make
make -Cscripts
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/knoppix/emu10k1/scripts'
/usr/src/linux-2.4/include/linux/version.h is missing. Please run make config in your kernel source tree
make[1]: *** [get_version] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/knoppix/emu10k1/scripts'
make: *** [opts] Error 2

where is version.h? and how do i get it?

You do not need to compile that module it is already included in Knoppix and available for your use. To answer your question version.h is a file that tells a program/driver that is being compiled what the version of the kernel it is being compiling for IIRC, it is created during the kernel compile process and is included in the kernel headers if they were installed or in the kernel source tree after the compile if it is still present. What problems are you having with the included driver that you have to try compiling your own?

Dr Snark
02-06-2004, 02:52 AM
i have a Creative labs Live! 4.1 and i on;y get audio from the front t speakers

Stephen
02-06-2004, 03:16 AM
i have a Creative labs Live! 4.1 and i on;y get audio from the front t speakers

Are you using alsa or oss for the drivers I have a either that card or a 5.1 (bought it used so not sure) and a 3 speaker system using alsa and I get sound on all. If you are using the alsa you may want to try alsamixer in a console window and start playing with the levels in there and see if that helps.