PDA

View Full Version : If your sound don't work read this.

jojo
02-06-2004, 02:41 PM
I'v been having a beeyaach of a time getting my sound to work, I tried everything I could find and nothing worked. If what I am about to tell you is common knowedge don't set me on fire I am a neo as you were at one time. this is for the newbies and I have not seen it before.
First boot your knoppix cd and copy your alsa-autoconfig file from /etc/init.d to a floppy disk
then remove the cd and reboot the box open kwrite or your favorite editor and open /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh, and copy from your floppy. alsa-autoconfig to an open spot and save. then reboot.

c123
02-06-2004, 02:52 PM
Another thing to check (if that / other thinsg don't work) is a setting in the BIOS - on my laptop I had to "disable support for PNP OS" or something similar to get sound.

HTH

RobertB
02-06-2004, 10:10 PM
Does your bootmisc.sh update help on a system where you've never been able to get the sound to work? I've got a thread going in the Hardware forum, about problems with my Compaq desktop not finding the sound card. But it hasn't been found when booting from the Knoppix CD *or* from the HD install.

I need to look for that "disable PNP support" option again, too.