PDA

View Full Version : Not all apps transfered during HD install

Cyberzombie
02-07-2004, 06:36 PM
After doing knx-hdinstall, I cannot access all programs; i.e. games, specifically Falcon's Eye. In the Games directory it appears as shell script instead of executable. Any ideas as to how I can get it on my HD? TIA.

Cyberzombie
02-07-2004, 09:37 PM
Alright, I was incorrect about file transfer. Did find the exe, but app (Falcon's Eye) will not run. My son likes this game, so I would like for him to be able to play it without me having to run it from CD. Anyone have any ideas as to why it won't open from HD, but will run from CD??? Any suggestins would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

fingers99
02-07-2004, 10:57 PM
Try typing

falconseye

in an Xterm/Konsole and it should run. I've not investigated further, but I think that somehow the "clicker" in the K menu is pointing to the wrong place.

BTW, if you've set up an account for your son (that's to say, if you've given him his own user account) make sure that he's a member of the games group.

Cyberzombie
02-08-2004, 02:23 PM
Thanks fingers99, that works. My next question; how can I make the link (Start Applications/Games/Falcons Eye) open the app? Is there any way (not too complex) of repairing this?

Stephen
02-08-2004, 06:55 PM
Thanks fingers99, that works. My next question; how can I make the link (Start Applications/Games/Falcons Eye) open the app? Is there any way (not too complex) of repairing this?

From the Kmenu -> Settings -> Menu Editor then go to the link for the program and change it to the proper settings. Use locate falconseye or dpkg -S falconseye in a console window to find where binary is located.