PDA

View Full Version : HDInstall errors

ThomasK
02-09-2004, 02:02 AM
I have been messing with Knoppix since Friday, and absolutly love it. I decided to install it on a hard drive, so I found an old 4Gb seagate drive, and verified that the drive was in good condition using Seagate's SeaTools.

I found the HowTo on installing it to the hard drive, and went through it step by step. It installed, but with TONS of cp and Cloop errors. I have looked and looked for something about the errors, in the FAQ, and didn't see anything... May have missed it, I dunno.

Knoppix runs find from the CD, and it's the second download I did, and probably the 7th burn as well. Can anyone give me some advice on how to clear up the errors?

Most of the program do not run now, like KMail, and the OpenOffice stuff.. Not a great big deal I suppose, but I don't really care for the Mozilla Mail client.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS, I notice the new version was released, should I download and burn that and start the install over?

PPS, I installed this twice now.. The first time using the knx-hdinstall command, and the second using the sudo knx-hdinstall command.

Thanks,
...Thomas

Loper
02-09-2004, 06:05 AM
I found the HowTo on installing it to the hard drive, and went through it step by step. It installed, but with TONS of cp and Cloop errors. I have looked and looked for something about the errors, in the FAQ, and didn't see anything... May have missed it, I dunno.

Knoppix runs find from the CD, and it's the second download I did, and probably the 7th burn as well. Can anyone give me some advice on how to clear up the errors?

PS, I notice the new version was released, should I download and burn that and start the install over?
If the CD works OK but you are having trouble with the install, try making sure that the DMA is turned on. If not, the CPU will be so busy shuffling the data that it's likely to drop some. The cheat code Knoppix DMA is your friend. That's my experience.

As to the new version , I'm still downloading it...